Philips 279M1RV 4K HDR 144Hz IPS Gaming Monitor Review
Peter Donnell / 1 year ago
Philips is one of the leading names when it comes to high-end gaming monitors, actually, they’re a leading name for all kinds of monitors! I think their prowess in the display market will be shown today, as I will be taking a look at the new Philips 279M1RV, one of the best-equipped 27″ monitors on the market today. So keep that in mind when it comes to the price tag, it is quite expensive. However, if you want to throw even more money at this monitor, it also comes in a 32″ model too.
Philips 279M1RV 4K
The Philips 279M1RV is packing some serious hardware though. It sports a 27″ or 32″ panel, offering up a detail-rich 4K (3840×2160) resolution with NTSC 112%, sRGB 133%, Adobe RGB: 110.1% colour reproduction. If that’s not enough, it’s littered with high-end technologies, such as VESA Display HDR600, a 144Hz refresh rate, an IPS panel, and HDMI 2.1. This is a gaming monitor in every sense of the word! If that’s not enough, it has a true 120Hz mode for when connected to current generation consoles, with Adaptive Sync and G-Sync compatible from 60hz to 144Hz over DisplayPort. There’s also Philips Ambilight technology… the list of features just goes on and on!
- Smooth console gaming at 4K/120 Hz
- Purpose-built for low latency gaming
- 4K/144 Hz PC gaming on the big screen
- Tilt, swivel and height adjust for an ideal viewing position
- Enhanced audio with DTS Sound
- NVIDIA G-SYNC compatible for smooth, fast gaming
- DisplayHDR 600 for truly vivid details and realism
- Ambiglow adds a new dimension to your viewing experience
- LowBlue mode and Flicker-free easy-on-the eyes viewing