QNAP Launches New Powerful Dual-10Gbps Rack NAS’
Bohs Hansen / 6 years ago
When good isn’t good enough, then you’ll want great, and when looking for great, you can’t get past QNAP. They have just launched two new NAS series for the enterprise sector with plenty of storage capacity options, great connectivity, and strong CPUs. Perfect for enterprise users that don’t want to compromise. The two new series are the TVS-ECx80U-SAS R2 and the TS-ECx80U R2.
Both of these new NAS series feature two built-in SFP+ based 10Gbps Ethernet ports without increasing the price over the previous models without the R2 name addendum. Besides the two SFP+ connectors, the system also features four 1Gbps Ethernet ports. Overall, everything you need for an IOPS-demanding application setup such as virtualisation setups and database systems.
The TVS-ECx80U-SAS R2 series comes equipped with a powerful Intel Xeon E3-1246 v3 3.5 GHz processor and 16GB DDR3 non-ECC or 8GB DDR3 ECC RAM. A great hardware base for almost any setup. The TS-ECx80U R2 series provides models powered by an Intel Xeon E3-1246 v3 3.5 GHz processor too and these come with 4GB DDR3 ECC RAM. Further, the series offers options with an Intel Core i3 3.5 GHz processor and 8GB DDR3 non-ECC or 4GB DDR3 ECC RAM too.
There are quite a few models to choose from, in various sizes and with varying drive bays. They all have four DIMM slots, extra internal ports for caching, redundant power supplies, and much more.
- TVS-EC240UU-SAS-RP R2 is a 24-bay NAS in a 4U rackmount enclosure.
- TVS-EC1680U-SAS-RP R2 is a 16-bay NAS in a 3U rackmount enclosure.
- TVS-EC1580MU-SAS-RP R2 is a 15-bay NAS in a 2U rackmount enclosure.
- TVS-EC1280U-SAS-RP R2 is a 12-bay NAS in a 2U rackmount enclosure.
- TS-EC2480U R2 is a 24-bay NAS in a 4U rackmount enclosure.
- TS-EC1680U R2 is a 16-bay NAS in a 3U rackmount enclosure.
- TS-EC1280U R2 is a 12-bay NAS in a 2U rackmount enclosure.
- TS-EC880U R2 is an 8-bay NAS in a 2U rackmount enclosure.
Both of these new QNAP series should be available now, so all that’s left to do, is to select which one you want.