Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.4.4 Driver Released
Ashley Allen / 2 years ago
AMD has released its Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.4.4 graphics card driver which is optimised for Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III – offering a 7% performance boost on Radeon RX 580 – plus display fixes for Mass Effect: Andromeda (HDR colouring) and Battlefield 1 (stuttering with DX11 Multi GPU mode on 4K displays). Known issues include potential display faults on HDTVs connected via HDMI and crashes when playing Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.
Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.4.4 release notes:
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III™
- Up to 7% performance improvement measured on Radeon RX 580 8GB graphics when compared to Radeon Software Crimson ReLive edition 17.4.3.(RS-131)
- Some displays may experience corruption when using HDMI® scaling.
- Battlefield™1 may experience stuttering in Multi GPU mode with 4K display resolutions when using DirectX®11.
- HDR colors may appear incorrect in Mass Effect™: Andromeda on the latest Windows®10 Creators Edition update.
- Some incorrect or unavailable feature descriptions may appear in Radeon Settings under the more/less help section.
- Radeon RX 550 series graphics products may experience a hard hang when the user’s system has not been rebooted for long periods of time.
- Reboot prompt may be missing after Radeon Software installation on AMD XConnect™ technology system configurations.
- HDTV displays may intermittently lose signal on some Radeon RX 480 series graphics products when connected over HDMI®.
- Call of Duty™: Advanced Warfare may experience a game hang when performing a task switch.
- Radeon WattMan may fail to apply settings on some Radeon R9 390 series graphics products.
- Radeon Settings may crash on switching Windows® user after toggling AMD CrossFire™ technology mode.
- A small amount of apps may still experience issues with Borderless Fullscreen mode and AMD FreeSync™ technology if other applications or game launchers are running on the primary screen in the background.
- Counter-Strike™: Global Offensive and World of Warcraft™ may experience flickering or performance issues the first time the game is launched on a system boot with AMD FreeSync™ technology enabled. Workarounds include exiting and restarting the application or task switching (alt+tab) in and out of the game to fix the issue.
Known Issues for Radeon ReLive
- The XBOX™ DVR application may cause conflicts with Radeon ReLive, users are suggested to disable XBOX™ DVR if Radeon ReLive is experiencing issues.
- Radeon ReLive may fail to install on AMD APU Family products or experience a system hang or failure to record when using the recording feature on AMD APU Family products.
- Radeon ReLive may intermittently fail to work after performing task switches of applications in multi display system configurations. A work around is to disable and then enable the feature in Radeon Software.
- Radeon ReLive may exhibit corruption in recordings when capturing Microsoft Office applications.
- Radeon ReLive may experience recording or streaming issues when task switching using ALT+TAB.
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.4.4 driver can be downloaded here.