Razer Blackwidow V3 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
Peter Donnell / 3 years ago
Razer is easily one of the best-known names in the PC gaming market, with many of the gaming mice, keyboards and headsets on the market today. Of course, they make everything from Laptops to gaming chairs too, but today, I’ll be focusing purely on their latest gaming keyboard, the Razer Blackwidow V3. It’s been four years since I reviewed the Razer Blackwidow V2, but the Blackwidow series is easily one of the oldest product ranges from Razer and has seen plenty of variants over the years, such as Chroma upgraded version, Tournament Editions, TKL version, and no doubt more beyond that.
Razer Blackwidow V3
So what’s so great that Razer felt like this deserved to be the Blackwidow V3? Well, there’s one major change, and that’s the includes the latest generation of their own Razer Mechanical Switches, and will be available with either the Razer Green or the Razer Yellow to suit your taste. They feature transparent housing, allowing for maximum RGB penetration. They’re also topped with their best doubleshot ABS keycaps, which promise to be extremely tough.
Of course, it’s still a feature-packed mechanical gaming keyboard too. So you get anti-ghosting, N-Key rollover, macros, per-key RGB LED lighting and all those usual thrills. However, there’s also a multi-function digital roller and media key, an ergonomic wrist rest, aluminium construction, Chroma Game Integration (150+ titles supported), 5 on-board profiles, gaming mode, and a few minor design tweaks that’ll keep this classic keyboard design feeling fresh.
- Razer green mechanical switches: Hear and feel the satisfying feedback in every keystroke you make, with a classic design that offers optimized actuation and reset points for better performance when gaming
- Transparent switch housing: Its completely clear design displays the true brilliance of what Razer Chroma RGB can do—from deep lighting customizations to greater immersion as it dynamically reacts with over 150 integrated games
- Doubleshot ABS keycaps: Using a doubleshot molding process to ensure the labelling never wears off, the keycaps also have extra-thick walls which make them extremely tough to withstand constant spamming
- Multi-function digital roller and media key: Configure them to pause, play, skip and tweak everything from brightness to volume—the ultimate convenience as you enjoy your entertainment
- Ergonomic wrist rest: The sturdy wrist support perfectly aligns to relieve pressure on your wrists, so you feel less fatigued when gaming over long periods
What Razer Had to Say
“An iconic legacy continues with the Razer BlackWidow V3—a versatile gaming keyboard armed with our world-renowned Razer Mechanical Switches and Razer Chroma RGB, for a level of precision and personalization beloved by gamers worldwide.” – Razer