Razer Opus Wireless ANC Headphones Review
Peter Donnell / 11 months ago
Razer is one of the biggest names in the world for high-end gaming hardware. However, that’s certainly not the limit of their product range, having created everything from a toaster to mobile phones. Of course, today I’ll be focusing on their latest headphones, which promise class-leading performance in more ways than one. The Razer Opus are their flagship headphones, so they do come in at a premium price. Of course, Razer is no stranger to some more expensive hardware, and that’s still around the same price as their Nari Ultimate headset, BlackShark V2 Pro and the Kaira Pro.
The Razer Opus may cost about the same as other Razer headsets, but that’s where the similarities end. These are more purpose-built audiophile headphones rather than just purely a gaming headset. They’re THX Certified, promising highly accurate audio and low distortion. There’s also active noise cancellation (ANC) technology, which will help remove a lot of ambient noise, blocking out traffic, the sound of the bus/train/plane you’re on, general background noises, etc. Of course, it’s not all just fancy features, as the underlying hardware is pretty important too. You’ll find a pair of 40mm dynamic drivers, running at 12 Ω (1 kHz) and with a frequency response of 20 Hz – 20 kHz. There’s also an omnidirectional MEMS microphone, which runs at -38 dBV/Pa (1 kHz). You can check out the in-depth specifications here.
- THX Certified Headphones: Tested and optimized by experts in cinematic audio immersion at THX Ltd., the headset presents a rich, balanced soundstage for all your movies, music and gaming
- Advanced active noise cancellation (ANC) technology: Whether you’re watching a movie or rocking out to your favorite track, shut out all distractions with advanced ANC tech which detects and nullifies all incoming noise
- Engineered for comfort: With plush leatherette memory foam ear cushions, a well-balanced weight and snug clamping force, you can keep the headphones on throughout long commutes and remain in supreme comfort
- Ambient Mode: Press the Power Button to instantly toggle between ANC On, ANC Off, and Ambient Mode, which amplifies ambient noise for a heightened sense of awareness—useful when crossing the road or to simply get a sense of your surroundings
- Auto Pause/Auto Play: Removing or resting these earphones around your neck pauses the audio. When you’re ready to continue, simply pop your headset back on and get right back into your movie or music
What Razer Had to Say
“Introducing our wireless THX® Certified Headphones equipped with advanced active noise cancellation (ANC) technology. Experience pure, high-fidelity sound with zero distractions for all your entertainment wherever you go.” – Razer