Razer Peripherals Chroma Range Adds Full Spectrum Colour Customisation
Peter Donnell / 6 years ago
Razer are preparing to launch their new Chroma series of peripherals, although I use the term “new” with a pinch of salt as these new peripherals are in fact their current range with a new lighting kit installed. The new Chroma series allows full-spectrum colour customisation lighting on a range of Razer peripherals such as the DeathAdder gaming mouse, BlackWidow ultimate Keyboard and the Kraken 7.1 gaming headset.
The lighting can be tweaked on a per-device basis, or even synchronized via the Razer Synapse software, allowing colour flow and change effects between your devices to match, perfect for those who like to customise their desktop appearance, but also like to keep everything nice and uniform. This also means your keyboard won’t be flicking from red to yellow while your mouse is going blue to green.
“Our new range of peripherals that feature Chroma customizable backlighting is another step towards full personal customization and to interconnect our gaming tech,” says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder and CEO. “Chroma represents more than just multicolor, it opens up limitless personalization options for gamers to play with and we even have a Chroma Software Developer Kit for game developers to integrate their games to provide even more customization in the future.”
- Spectrum cycling: Slowly cycles through the entire spectrum of colours for a subtle yet visually stunning look.
- Breathing: Gently pulses in a colour of choice every 7 seconds, replicating the steady breathing pattern that is distinct to all Razer mice.
- Static: Pick any colour from the selection of 16.8 million options to illuminate the ear cups on your Kraken 7.1, the scroll wheel and Razer logo on your DeathAdder or each individual key on your BlackWidow Ultimate Chroma
- Custom (For BlackWidow Ultimate Chroma only): Effortlessly set the colour for each individual key on your Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Chroma through Razer Synapse with your mouse cursor, and create your own kaleidoscope of colours that is unique to you.
- Custom – Preloaded Templates (For BlackWidow Ultimate Chroma only): Preloaded custom lighting templates optimized for FPS, MOBA, MMO and RTS games that give you the unfair advantage regardless of which game you’re playing.
- Reactive (For BlackWidow Ultimate Chroma only): Lights up upon actuation and stays lit in short, medium, or fast mode for a trailing effect, that makes the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Chroma brighter the faster a user types.
- Wave (For BlackWidow Ultimate Chroma only): Animates all colours in a continuous wave of rainbow lights, for a truly energetic and vibrant display of constantly changing colours.
The Chroma SDK will allow game developers to take advantage of the multitude of lighting options available for Chroma-enabled devices. For example, custom lighting alerts can be created that flash red when a player is killed or when a base is under attack. The Chroma-enabled Razer peripherals will be available starting September 2014.
Thank you TechPowerUp for providing us with this information.
Images courtesy of TechPowerUp.