Red Harbinger Have Started Pre-Orders For Their “Cross” Desk In The EU
David Key / 8 years ago
Red Harbinger have started taking Pre Orders for their extremely limited and sought after Cross Desks in Europe. Over the last week or so they have been taking pre orders in the USA but today the flood gates have opened for us. Whats more they have thrown in a lot of exclusive extras and have said this
“Due to the complexity of shipping this beautiful monster, we are starting production in stages. Phase II is for the EU and Australian markets. This is a collectors edition with reduced pricing, limited edition features and accessories. This sale is before Kickstarter and retailers, and will likely be the last of the Cross desk production for the next several months.”
They also give a nice list of what to expect from your purchase
You will get the following:
- The desk
- Reduced pricing for early adopters. ($400 discount including reduced shipping)
- All the accessories we have made so far are included. ($150 | Headset Mount | Shelving)
- Special “Limited Edition” case badge.
- Collectors certificate signed by the team.
- Collectors artwork of La Croix herself.
- Founders access to the developers in a special forum section! (just for you and the other founders)
- Custom founders forum title and badge.
- Open door to talk with our engineers on an idea you might have for a new case or possible accessory to the Cross desk!
- Special recognition on our Facebook page, Twitter and website!
We also managed to get the full specifications from the Customer Support Manager of Red Harbinger.
- Material: Steel and Aluminum, Powder Coated
- PSUMount: 1 standard
- Max PSU Mounts: 2*
- Motherboard Compatibility: mITX, ITX, mATX, ATX, E-ATX†, XL-ATX†, SSI-EEB†, HPTX†
- Standard Expansion Slots: 8, 10†
- Maximum Expansion Slots: 8+8*, 10†+8*
- 5.25” Drive Bays: 4 (2×2)
- 3.5” Drive Locations: 8 (left side) + 12 (right side)
- 2.5” Drive Locations: 6 (right side) + 12 (center, hidden)
- Glass Type: Scratch Resistant, Tempered with Frosted Border, 10mm
- Front Ports: USB 3.0 x 2, Audio, Mic, 22mm Power and Switch x 2
- Max Front Ports: USB 3.0 x 4, Audio x 2, Mic x 2, 22mm Power and Switch x 4*
- Cooling Fan Locations: 120mm x 3 (left), 120mm x 3 (right), 120mm x 8 (back)
- Physical Dimensions (L x W x H): 59.1” x 28.6” x 30.1” (1502mm x 726mm x 765mm)
- Max GPU Length: 300mm standard (480mm with drive cage removed), 480mm†
- Max CPU Cooler Height: 153mm
- Covered Back PSU/Cooling Compartment
- Optional Interior Leg-Mounted Shelving
- Optional Interior Leg Mounted Headset Mount
- Modular Tray System allows for conversion to Single/Dual/HPTX
- Hollow Legs and Body Frame for optimal cable management and lighting.
- Bottom Access Panels for cable management
- Hidden Center Bridge compartment for 2.5” drives
We hear the price in the UK at the time of writing is £1350 including shipping. When you consider a top end PC case is £350-400 this is not at all bad given the extremely good specification in my most honest opinion.
Please leave your valuable thoughts below.