Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-Ality Launching on April 20
Ron Perillo / 2 years ago
Fans of the animated hit show Rick and Morty have another reason to celebrate other than the return of their favorite show for season 3 on Adult Swim. The virtual reality adventure game Virtual Rick-Ality will also be available soon for the PC on April 20 . The Rick and Morty virtual experience has been developed by Owlchemy Labs (the team behind Job Simulator), and will put the player in the role as the title-grandson Morty’s clone. This means players will be subjected to the same terrifying, confusing and often times bizarre experiments conducted by the scientist/trans-dimensional fugitive/grandfather Rick, and experience the craziness first hand. Armed with a VR headset and controller, players can fondle a plumbus, blast alien bureaucrats, travel alien worlds and more.
— Owlchemy Labs (@OwlchemyLabs) April 12, 2017
Series creator Justin Roiland had co-developed the game and have voiced the characters himself with the rest of the original cast so it remains true to the spirit of Rick and Morty. It has been previously released as an HTC Vive exclusive demo but a recent tweet from Owlchemy labs confirms that Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality will be playable for Oculus Rift on release day as well. The title is designed for room-scale play and suggests an open area of at least 2 meters by 1.5 meters to roam around in.
- It’s your favorite 2D characters in 3D. It’s RICK AND MORTY VR! They’re 3D now!
- Probe, prod, throw, and smash iconic items like the Plumbus.
- Also, it’s got this thing!
- Teleport around rooms and walk through portals.
- No really! You walk with your actual feet through virtual portals!
- Get yelled at by Rick, and question your own self worth.
- Smack Rick in the face.
- Real fake doors!
- OS: Windows 7 SP1 or newer
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4590 equivalent or greater
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 970 or AMD Radeon RX 480