Rockstar Confirms New Patch/Content Heading to GTA Online Before the New Year!
Mike Sanders / 4 months ago
Although I certainly don’t profess to be an expert on the subject, it was my understanding (based on recent reports) that Rockstar Games was pretty much looking to start wrapping up work/development on GTA Online in order to better concentrate on upcoming releases. Namely, GTA 6.
Following an official blog post, however, Rockstar Games has an excellent Christmas surprise for GTA Online players as not only is a new patch/content update on the way, but it is set to arrive before the end of the month!
GTA Online Update Incoming!
As part of the official notes, Rockstar Games has confirmed the following:
- Get to your favorite iFruit Contacts faster — select which Contacts to display or hide via the Interaction Menu.
- The Benefactor Terrorbyte can be used to launch Business Sell Missions in all Session types, including Invite-only Sessions.
- Take on Agatha’s Casino Story Missions as a solo operator by visiting the Management Office of The Diamond Casino & Resort (these missions previously required at least 2 players).
- PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X will add ray-traced reflections — rendering real-time reflections on many surfaces — via the Fidelity Mode graphics setting.
- New vehicle purchases will arrive in your Garage faster than before.
- Select Custom Weaponized Vehicles can now be used in Races, where appropriate — weapons will be disabled outside of GTA Races.
- Bicycles will be added to the list of vehicles that can be requested from your Personal Garage when calling the Mechanic.
- Players on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S can enjoy full access to Hao’s Special Works without needing to complete Hao’s introductory race.
- Completing Vehicle Cargo Sell Missions in Public Sessions will award a High Demand Bonus, bringing this in line with all other business activities, while payouts on Smuggler’s Sell Missions will be permanently tripled.
- Get more of what you want faster with an across-the-board increase in the GTA$ value of all Shark Cards. Starting today, all Shark Card denominations have been boosted by 20–25% when purchased directly in GTA Online or via any of the platform stores. For special GTA+ Member Shark Cards, this is on top of the current 15% bonus GTA$.
in addition, they have also confirmed that a new car, the ‘Declasse Tahoma Coupe‘ will also be added to the game.
When Will it Be Out?
At the time of writing, although Rockstar Games has confirmed that this new GTA Online update should be released before the end of the month, they haven’t yet confirmed any specific dates. If you would, however, like to learn more, or maybe read the blog post in full, you can check out the official link here!
What do you think? Do you still play GTA Online? – Let us know in the comments!