Sabrent Releases 5-Bay USB-C Docking Station For 2.5″ SATA Drives With Active Cooling
Jakob Aylesbury / 4 months ago
Sabrent has released a new USB-C docking station which is capable of hosting up to five 2.5″ HDDS or SSDs and keeping them cool with a built-in fan.
Sabrent 5-Bay USB-C Docking Station
The new DS-5R15 is a 5-Bay docking station that connects through a fast USB-C Gen 3.2 connection with up to 10Gbps speeds. It is capable of hosting up to 5 2.5″ SSDs or HDDs up to 15mm in height and each drive can be used simultaneously and independently over the USB-C connection. The drives are also tool-free and hot-swap compatible allowing you to remove and add drives when needed without worry. The dock is powered by a 12V?3A power adapter so you won’t be limited to USB-C power and can ensure reliable and stable power.
One of the key features is the included 80mm cooling fan which aids in heat dissipation as five drives all running at once in a confined space can produce a fair bit of heat. This fan can be controlled with a button on the front of the unit so there is no worry about unnecessary noise. Under the fan control button is also LEDS to indicate the status of each drive.
- Expand your storage space easily and reliably. Read and write up to five 2.5” SATA HDDs or SSDs simultaneously over a USB 3.2 Gen 2×1 (10Gbps) USB-C host connection.
- Get a stable and reliable USB connection on systems that lack sufficient power over USB and/or have limited internal SATA ports.
- Hot-swappable and plug & play. Supports 2.5” SATA HDDs and SSDs up to SATA III (6Gbps) and 15mm height for maximum compatibility.
- An independent, 80mm cooling fan can be switched on and off as desired to keep your drives cool or your environment quiet.
- Tool-free installation with fast and convenient drive bay access. Individual power LEDs clearly indicate drive bay status.