Seasonic XP2 Platinum 660W Fully-Modular Power Supply Review
Peter Donnell / 3 years ago
Introduction & Packaging
Seasonic is one of the most established names in the power supply industry, not only do they make many of their own very high quality products, they’re also an industry leader for manufacturing high-end PSUs which are used and sold by a whole host of other brands; there’s a good chance you own a Seasonic PSU and don’t even know it. Seasonic products have proven to be award winners many times before, not only from us here at eTeknix, but in reviews all around the world. The unit we have today is a mid-range 660W unit, so I’m not expecting earth-shattering performance, but it does have a few features that are worth getting excited about.
The SS-660XP Active PFC F3 PSU comes with an 80 Plus Platinum efficiency, which should make it very cost-effective to run in your system. It also comes with a powerful +12V single rail design, an active/hybrid fan design and fully modular cables.
1. 80PLUS® Platinum Certified Super High Efficiency
2. 7 Years Warranty
3. DC Connector Panel with Integrated VRM [Voltage Regulator Module]
4. DC to DC Converter Design
5. Active Power Factor Correction [99% PF Typical]
6. Conductive Polymer Aluminum Solid Capacitors
7. Highly Reliable 105°C Japanese Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors
8. Gold Plated High Current Terminals
9. Tight Voltage Regulation [±2%]
10. High +12V Output
11. Dual Sided PCB Layout
12. Seasonic Patented Hybrid Silent Fan Control
13. Sanyo Denki San Ace Silent Fan
14. Ultra Ventilation [Honeycomb Structure]
15. Full Modular Cabling Design
16. Multi-GPU Technology Support
17. All-in-One DC Cabling Design
18. Easy Swap Connector
19. Universal AC Input [Full Range]
The packaging is nice and simple, with a stylish image of the PSU on the front, and some small branding for the 80 Plus Platinum efficiency, Haswell Ready and the 660W power rating.
Around the back, you’ll find a quick explanation of what 80 Plus Platinum means, as well as some details on the hybrid fan mode, which we’ll take a closer look at in a moment.
Inside the box, another box! Although this one houses all the additional cables for the PSU.
There’s also a mains power cable, owner’s manual, velcro cables ties, plastic pull-cable ties, four PSU screws and a small “Powered by Seasonic” sticker.