SNK Releases Last Blade 2 PC Port on Steam—NOT By DotEmu
Ron Perillo / 2 years ago
One of SNK corporation’s most beloved fighting games is finally on PC via Steam. This time however, it is not made by DotEmu but by Code Mystics Inc and SNK. Which means it is not an unplayable garbage of a game port. Reviews are reporting it working perfectly well at 60fps on modern hardware. It is only £5.75 right now after a 20% discount running until November 24.
Although not as popular as their Samurai Showdown series, the Last Blade series actually has better graphics, storyline and characters. That is because Last Blade 2 originally came out in 1998, so it has a lot more advanced than those that came out in the early 90s. The sequel Last Blade 2 is actually considered to be by many fighting game fans to be the best weapon-based fighting game ever.
- An epic storyline during the twilight period of the SAMURAI!—“Hell’s Gate”, the boundary between life and death. Four “Mythological Symbols” are about to fight to the death against an ultimate spirit awakened from the netherworld, in order to send him straight to “Hell’s Gate”! Taking place during the end of the Edo-period, a truly mystical and spectacular story is about to unfold…
- 18 characters who are directed by their destiny cross swords!—In addition to 12 combatants (including boss character “Kagami” from the series’ predecessor), 4 new characters and 2 hidden ones join the gorgeous roster of 18 playable characters. Choose the character and fighting style which suits you the most, and prepare for an epic battle to seal “Hell’s Gate”!
- Enjoyable strategies and a unique game system / game mechanics!—Select your favorite sword attack type among the “POWER”, “SPEED”, and “EXTREME” modes. Master the ”REPEL” mechanic to counter your opponent’s attacks, and when the right time comes, activate the “SUPER SECRET SLASH”, “HIDDEN SECRET SLASH” and “ENIGMA FRENZY-ATTACK” ultimate techniques in order to change the outcome of the battle!
- OS: Windows XP
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 1.8GHz dual core
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: Onboard graphics chipset with 256MB video RAM
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Storage: 200 MB available space
- Sound Card: DirectSound