Star Wars: Battlefront 2 Multiplayer Restored with Crossplay
Ron Perillo / 1 year ago
Disney is feeling generous and has restored the multiplayer support for Star Wars: Battlefront 2. Not to be confused with the upcoming Star Wars Battlefront II launching on November 11. The original came out in 2005 and up until 2014 it had multiplayer support. Since it relied on GameSpy matchmaking services, when they shut down, so did Star Wars Battlefront 2. What made the classic 2005 game enjoyable was its multiplayer mode so with it gone, it eventually withered away.
Classic Star Wars: Battlefront 2 Multiplayer Restored and More
The classic game is still available on Steam and via GoG. What makes that news even better is that there is now cross-play support between Steam and GoG users. Which means there will not be a shortage of Star Wars fans to play with online any time soon. Players can hop on and join up to 64 players in a single map, as they fight for control of the galaxy.
In addition to the classic multiplayer restoration, GoG is also currently running a “Disney Completion” sale. This includes up to 77% off Disney related game bundles, available until October 9, 10 PM UTC. The five bundles include (all prices in USD):
- Star Wars Blaster Bundle: 70% off 8-games including X-Wings Special Edition and Tie Fighter Special Edition = $20.32 (originally $67.92)
- Classic LucasFilm Adventures: 75% off 9-games including Secret of Monkey Island: SE and Indiana Jones Series = $15.41 (originally $61.91)
- Star Wars Saber Bundle: 77% off 11-games including KOTOR series and Jedi Knight series = $24.73 (originally $107.89)
- Disney Variety: 75% off 6-games including Tron 2.0 and Armed & Dangerous = $11.94 (originally $47.94)
- Iconic Movie Platformers: 50% off 3-games including Aladinn and the Lion King = $14.97 (originally $29.97)
The 2005 Classic Battlefront 2 is also available by itself for 60% off via GoG for only $3.99 USD (originally $9.99).
Battlefront II (2005 Classic) System Requirements
- OS: Windows 2000, XP or Vista
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 1.5 GHz or Athlon XP 1500+
- Memory: 256 MB
- Graphics: 64MB 3d Graphics card with Vertex Shader and Pixel Shader (VS/PS) Capability
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 4.3 GB
- Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible Sound Card