Steelseries Rival 700 Gaming Mouse Review
Peter Donnell / 4 years ago
Steelseries already hold awards for many of the best gaming mice on the market, but it seems they’re not taking a break just yet, as they give the world what may be their greatest mouse to date! The Steelseries Rival 700 is set to be a strong contender for the mouse with the most features we’ve ever seen, packing swappable sensors, OLED display, haptic feedback, and much more into a neat little bundle.
“No two alerts are the same! You choose which in-game events automatically trigger a tactile alert, and you have complete control over how each one feels. Health, ammo, mana, disables, headshots, and stuns can all be individually set to start a Tactile Alert. For example the moment you get stunned, you can set an alert to go off and stop the instant the duration of the stun ends.” – Steelseries
With Tactile Alert, you get a unique notification system that could give you an edge in battle. Of course, if looks are more important than touch, you’ll enjoy the customisable OLED display on the side. You can load it up with everything dank memes to your ammo count, it’s really up to you!
“You have the ability to put whatever you’d like on the OLED screen. Claim your battlestation by placing your gamer name right on your mouse. You can even upload animated gifs. The big questions is, what will you put on yours?” – Steelseries
- Material: Matte Top Cover
- Ergonomic, Right-Handed
- Grip Style: Palm, Claw, and Fingertip
- Number of Buttons: 7
- SteelSeries Switches: Rated for 30 Million Clicks
- Reinforced Left and Right Clicks
- Weight: 135g, 0.3lbs
- Height: 124.85mm, 4.92in
- Width: 68.46mm, 2.70 in
- Depth: 41.97mm, 1.65in
- Short cable length (non-braided): 1m, 3.28 ft
- Long cable length (braided): 2m, 6.5 ft
- Sensor Name: PixArt PMW3360
- Sensor Type: Optical
- CPI: 100 to 16,000
- IPS: 300
- Acceleration: 50g
- Polling Rate: 1 ms (1000 Hz)
- Zero Hardware Acceleration
- Tracking Accuracy: 1:1
- Gamesense Support
- OLED Display Customization
- Tactile Alert Customization
- SteelSeries Engine Support: SSE3
- Multiple CPI Options
- Programmable Buttons
- Onboard Profile Storage
- Acceleration Customization
- Deceleration Customization
- Color Options: 16.8 Million
- Swappable Pixart 9800 Laser Sensor
- Swappable Rival 700 Top Cover Pack
- Printable 3-D Nameplate / Download 3D Files
Packaging and Accessories
The Rival 700 comes in a fairly compact box, showing off a nice image of the mouse, as well as detailing the OLED display, Tactile Alerts, and Prism RGB lighting system.
Around the back, a quick breakdown of more features, such as the swappable cables, cover plate, and sensor.
Remove the boxes slipcover and it opens out, presenting the mouse and component box, both stored neatly and surrounded by protective packaging.
In the box, you’ll find a quick start guide, as well as two cables, one with a longer braided cable, and the other a lightweight rubber coated cable.