Synology Surveillance Station 7 Beta Available
Bohs Hansen / 3 years ago
The world as we know it isn’t the safest place to be all the time and surveillance becomes a tool to combat this. With NAS and NVR devices this becomes easy accessible for everyone, but we also want a great user interface that is quick, intuitive and generally easy to use. For this, Synology has just released the beta version of their Surveillance Station 7 with a completely overhauled and rebuilt interface as well as a load of new features.
“With Surveillance Station 7.0, we aimed to create the most flexible, yet easy to use version of Surveillance Station ever,” said Alex Wang, CEO of Synology Inc. “Users can enjoy a familiar desktop experience with the redesigned interface, while also taking advantage of more camera features and built-in support for physical access controllers. These features significantly boost versatility and installation options.”
The new user interface will make multi-tasking and organization a lot easier with a familiar and desktop-like atmosphere that comes with the new Alerts panel for live view analytics that lets users easily review, playback. or save suspicious events. The new event linking allows you to set up easy automation and action rules for either scheduled times or when specified events occur.
With integration for specialized camera features such as object tracking, digital output, and two-way audio, the Surveillance Station allows you to deploy a flexible system perfectly tailored to your individual environment. It also includes software-powered de-warping for wall and ceiling mounted fisheye cameras.
A full list of what’s new can be seen below and more information, download and sign up for the Beta program can be found at the official page. As thanks for the feedback, Synology will hand out a Camera License Pack (including 4 licenses) to three different users who provide the most valuable assistance and feedback during the Beta Program.
- Improved user interface
– Contemporary features promote ease-of-use and multi-tasking.
– Enhanced the interaction between applications to simplify tasks (e.g., drag and drop recordings between applications).
– Implemented global search for better application navigation.
– Certain applications can be opened in a new window for easier viewing.
- Featured application: Action Rule
– Customize events and actions to automate surveillance tasks and notifications.
– Added external device support for more flexibility in surveillance deployments.
- Added support for Axis Door Controller A1001
– Use both controller access data and video feeds to make access control more reliable.
– Manage and operate the access control system as well as watch Live View video feeds from one central interface.
- Video analytics
– Refined video analytics for improved performance.
– Added an alerts panel to Live View for real-time alerts playback and download.
– Smart Search is now an independent application.
- Video snapshots
– Video snapshots are now saved to the NAS for access anywhere, anytime.
– Added two snapshot-editing features: privacy mask and blur.
– Recording servers can now be managed at the application level.
– Servers in recording server mode can now run CMS to manage applications locally.
– Add-ons for all paired recording servers can now be manually updated from the host server.
- Enhanced camera support
– Added two-way audio support for Axis cameras to play audio from the camera microphone or from pre-recorded audio patterns.
– Added digital output support for Axis and Vivotek cameras to execute external device actions.
– Added by-channel support for digital inputs.
– Added auto-pan and auto object tracking support for PTZ cameras made by certain camera brands.
– Added speed control support for certain PTZ cameras, enabling users to operate cameras at their preferred speed.
– Implemented fisheye dewarping via Surveillance Station for wall-mounted and floor-mounted fisheye cameras.
– Greatly improved the performance of fisheye dewarping via Surveillance Station.
– Added audio and tampering detection support for certain cameras.
– Brand-new design allows for better application management of the following add-ons: Device Pack, CMS, Joystick, VisualStation, and Axis Door Controller.
– Add-ons can now be hidden.
– Added notification support for external devices, enabling communication between Surveillance Station and external device
Thanks to Synology for providing us with this information
Image courtesy of Synology