Thermaltake ARGENT M5 Wireless RGB Gaming Mouse Review
Peter Donnell / 1 month ago
Thermaltake has a long history when it comes to its gaming hardware. I think some of my earliest reviews here at eTeknix were actually Thermaltake gaming mice and keyboards. However, their latest series promise to be their best gaming peripherals to date, and with that in mind, I have pretty high expectations of them! We kick things off today with the ARGEN M5 Wireless, which offers an impressive range of features and hardware, that should make it competitive with the best from any other brand on the market today.
ARGENT M5 Wireless RGB
It’s certainly well equipped, offering up low-latency wireless performance thanks to its built-in 2.4 GHz wireless mode. However, it can also be switched to Bluetooth, so you can easily pair it with a mobile device, laptop, etc. However, it can also be used in traditional wired mode, which will also charge the device while you play, so there’s zero downtime. It also features the fantastic PIXART PWM-3335 optical sensor delivering up to 16,000 DPI, 400 IPS and 40G acceleration! Of course, there’s full RGB lighting customisation, macros, and all those other lovely features we expect these days from their desktop software suite.
- Low energy technology with battery lasting up to 52 hours with lighting or 200 hours with lighting off. Wireless range of 10m. Fast 1ms polling rate and battery lasting up to 36 hours with lighting or 100 hours with lighting off.
- Plug in for wired mode and play while charging. Supports 12v/800mA fast charging.
- Features a high-performance PIXART PMW-3335 optical sensor and sensitivity adjustments between 100 to 16,000 DPI. Track every movement and game with precision!
- 16.8M true RGB colour illumination across 2 zones with 6 customizable dynamic lighting effects for the most personalized of plays.
- The aluminium design of the scroll wheel provides solid texture and extra style!
For in-depth features and specifications, please visit the official ARGENT M5 Wireless product page here.
What Thermaltake Had to Say
“The Thermaltake Argent M5 Wireless RGB Gaming Mouse is an ambidextrous 8 button gaming mouse that supports 2.4Ghz RF, Bluetooth 5 and/or wired USB connectivity. The Argent M5 features a PixArt PMW-3335 optical sensor and sensitivity options ranging between 100 ~ 16,000 DPI to bring you superior tracking and response both whilst gaming and during your everyday tasks. Boasting an aluminium scroll wheel, programmable side buttons, detachable braided plug & play charging cable, onboard memory for you to store commonly used macros, up to 6 gaming profiles and customisable RGB illumination across 2 zones the Argent M5 has what it takes to ensure you are always at the top of your game.” – Thermaltake