Thermaltake View 300 MX Mid Tower Case Review
Peter Donnell / 3 weeks ago
Thermaltake has a long history of big and unique PC cases that offer lots of customisation options for new users and more advanced modders alike. Of course, that’s not changed one bit, and the new Thermaltake View 300 MX is big, bold, unique and offers some rather impressive customisation options right out of the box. Now, it comes in two colours, black or white, so that’s simple enough. However, in the box, you get both a perforated metal and tempered glass front panel… why choose when you can simply have both.
It’s no slouch when it comes to feature and hardware support though. With two pre-installed 200mm ARGB fans in the front, as well as a 120mm ARGB fan in the rear, stock cooling is already impressive. However, it’ll take up to a 360mm radiator in the front, at the top or even on the side… yup, that’s a lot of radiator space! There’s plenty of support for 120mm and 140mm fan configurations throughout too. In addition to that, E-ATX motherboards, large graphics cards, cools and PSUs are well accommodated. With modern GPUs only getting bigger, the added room of the View 300 MX certainly has its appeal.
- Tempered Glass Window – The 4 mm tempered glass panel on the side of the View 300 MX is thicker and more scratch resistant than standard acrylic. It enables you to display and admire all your components in their full RGB glory.
- Patented Rotatable PCI-E Slots – Patented rotatable PCI-E slots allow vertical GPU installation. The design, compared with the more traditional 7+2 approach, has little limitation regarding the thickness of the graphics card. Additionally, the enclosed riser cable bracket helps to secure the riser cable at bay (supporting a 180° connector).
- Excellent Dust Filtration – There are fine magnetic filters on the right, top, and at bottom to provide excellent protection against dirt and dust from the outside of the case and they are easily removable for cleaning.
- Removable PSU Cover – To achieve a more tidy-looking system, the built-in PSU cover is designed to hide unsightly cables with overall good ventilation.
- Air Intake and Exhaust – The cooling performance of the View 300 MX is fabulous thanks to two 200 mm ARGB PWM fans and one 120 mm ARGB PWM fan pre-installed. The Perforated TT logo Steel Panel allows optimal air intake, while the tempered glass mesh panel also provides sufficient air-intake through its mesh edge.
- Massive Airflow & Amazing Performance – Thermal images were taken during thermal testing. Thanks to two pre-installed 200 mm ARGB PWM fans in the front and one pre-installed 120 mm ARGB PWM fan at the rear, we were able to ensure that the View 300 MX comes with massive airflow, which guarantees an amazing cooling performance that the interior temperature stays low and stable at all times.
- Hardware Compatibility – View 300 MX has exceptional expandability. It can support E-ATX motherboards (12″x13″), a CPU cooler with a maximum height of 175 mm, VGA clearance up to 400 mm in length without a reservoir, and a power supply with a length of up to 200 mm. Optimized for excellent cooling capabilities, the View 300 MX can house up to three 140 mm or two 200 mm front fans, up to three 120 mm fans on top, and a radiator of up to 360 mm at the front, top and MB side to allow users to build their desired high-end system.
- Handy I/O Ports – For connectivity, View 300 MX is equipped with two USB 3.0, one USB 3.2 Gen 2 type-c, as well as a headphone and microphone jack.
- Sync with Motherboard RGB Software – Designed to synchronize with ASUS Aura Sync, GIGABYTE RGB Fusion, MSI Mystic Light Sync, and ASRock Polychrome. It supports motherboards with a 5 V addressable RGB header, allowing you to control the lights directly from the software mentioned above without installing any extra lighting software or controllers. For more details, please visit ASUS, GIGABYTE, MSI, and ASRock official websites.
What Thermaltake Had to Say
“Create the ultimate home for your components with the View 300 MX from Thermaltake. With two dual front panels you can swap and change the look as you feel, with one perforated metal panel, and one tempered glass panel with a meshed edge. The View 300 MX also features a tempered glass side panel for you to show off your build, and comes fitted with two 200mm ARGB fans and one 120mm ARGB fan. Your creativity is further enhanced by the rotatable PCI-e slots, which allows you to mount your GPU either horizontally or vertically. With a plethora of I/O ports and filtered vents, the View 300 MX comes together as an elite PC case.”