TP-Link Launches Deco M5 Whole-Home Wi-Fi System
Bohs Hansen / 3 years ago
TP-Link has officially launched their new Deco M5 Whole-Home Wi-Fi system and it could very well be considered their most advanced network solutions and one of the best mesh network solutions around. Not only does it provide seamless wireless internet coverage, it also comes with built-in antivirus and malware protection for all connected devices.
To begin with, the new Deco M5 systems will be available as three-unit packs, but other options will become available down the road. Equipped with TP-Link HomeCare, Deco M5 systems offer an impressive line-up of built-in security features. TP-Link HomeCare provides exploit and malware protection, powered by TrendMicro*, along with an SPI firewall, device access control and secure remote control of the network via the TP-Link Deco mobile app, ensuring that your home network is always safe and secure. This network security protection safeguards every device in your home safe from malware and hackers, while security patterns provide peace of mind that your family is always protected from the latest threats. Robust parental controls allow you to manage and monitor access to network services, regardless of applications or URLs, for children by time allowance, even when you’re not home. Monthly usage reports are automatically sent to your phone to keep you apprised of activity on your network.
“As home Wi-Fi networks are supporting more users and mobile devices than ever before, security across your home network becomes increasingly important,” said Dr Terence Liu, TrendMicro vice president. “Through our integration in TP-Link HomeCare, Deco M5 Whole Home Wi-Fi Systems are equipped with a comprehensive package of security features, so you can trust that your home network is always protected.”
Powered by a quad-core processor, Deco M5 Whole-Home Wi-Fi Systems deploy the latest mesh technology to paint your home in Wi-Fi. The dual-band AC1300 system is capable of throughput speeds of 400 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 867Mbps on the 5GHz band, and it supports MU-MIMO data streaming. Deco M5 is comprised of a system of three units that can be customised to fit your WI-Fi coverage needs, up to 4,500 square feet. With additional units, the Deco M5 system can easily scale up to accommodate even larger spaces. Up to ten Deco M5 units can be added to a single network at any given time for seamless Wi-Fi coverage across incredibly large spaces.
Deco M5 utilises TP-Link’s Adaptive Routing Technology (ART) to ensure your network is always operating at top speeds, quickly identifying and selecting the fastest path for your devices to connect to the network. This intelligent selection removes the guesswork from reliable connectivity. Deco M5 also optimises connections between devices to deliver the very best in coverage and ensure you receive the strongest performance throughout your entire home.
- Seamless wireless connectivity throughout every room in the home
- Comprehensive security features and robust parental controls via TP-Link HomeCare
- Antivirus and malware protection powered by Trend Micro*
- Simple installation with guided visuals via the TP-Link Deco mobile app (iOS and Android)
- Adaptive Routing Technology (ART) selects the best path for device connections and keeps the network
- running as fast as possible
- QoS prioritises your home’s Wi-Fi experience by optimising bandwidth to devices as needed
- Remote management and control of the network from anywhere
- 2-year limited warranty and 24/7 unlimited technical support by phone or email
- Quad-core CPU
- Wireless: 400 Mbps on 2.4 GHz + 867 Mbps on 5 GHz
- 4 internal antennas per Deco unit
- 2 Gigabit ports per Deco unit
- 1 USB Type-C port
- Compatible with IPv6 (Internet Protocol version 6)
- Product dimensions (120 mm diameter x 38 mm height)
- Bluetooth 4.2
The TP-Link Deco M5 Whole Home Wi-Fi System is now available at leading retailers in store and online with an MSRP of $299 (USD) for a three-pack system. You can also compare it to other systems such as Eero, Luma, and Google WiFi (Scroll down in opened link) and see that it’s the most comprehensive solution so far.