Tropico 5 Teaser Trailer And Game Details Revealed
Ryan Martin / 6 years ago
Kalypso Media have just revealed the teaser trailer for Tropico 5 which you can see below. The game will reportedly be available on Windows, Mac and Linux for PC, though will not be making an appearance on any consoles. The full announcement of the new game can be seen here. Haemimont Studios expect the game to be ready for a “2014 release” though no specifics were given. Let’s hope we are going to get a truly new Tropico game because as good as Tropico 4 was, you couldn’t help but feel there was way too much recycling of Tropico 3 going on in the game.
Below is a description of the new game from Kalypso Media:
‘Return to the remote island nation of Tropico in the next installment of the critically acclaimed and hugely popular ‘dictator sim’ series.’ Expand your Dynasty’s reign from the early colonial period to beyond the 21st Century, facing an all-new set of challenges, including advanced trading mechanics, technology and scientific research, exploration and for the first time in Tropico history — cooperative and competitive MULTIPLAYER for up to 4 players.
- The Dynasty – Each member of El Presidente’s extended family is present on the island and may be appointed as a ruler, a manager, an ambassador or a general. Dynasty members gain skills and experience based on their individual assignments.
- Research and Renovate – Advance your nation by discovering new buildings, technologies and resources. Renovate your old buildings to more efficient modern buildings.
- Advanced trade system and trade fleet – Amass a global trade fleet and use your ships to secure trade routes to neighboring islands or world superpowers, both for export and import.
- Explore your island – Discover what lies beyond the fog of war. Send prospectors to look for new deposits, but be wary of hostile animals and native tribes.
- All new art – All artwork has been re-designed from scratch to provide Tropico 5 with a unique visual identity. Choose from over 100 buildings from each of the individual eras.
- Cooperative and competitive multiplayer — Up to 4 players can build up their own cities and economies on any given island map. Players can choose to share resources, supplies and population or declare war on each other.
Image courtesy of Kalypso Media (YouTube)