Turtle Beach Elite Atlas Wired PC Gaming Headset Review
Peter Donnell / 11 months ago
Turtle Beach headsets continue to blow me away. Their Elite Pro 2 + Super Amp which we tested a couple of months ago, for example, is one of the best they’ve ever made. When it comes to high-performance gaming headsets, it’s up there with the best. However, while the Super Amp is a powerful tool, it’s also not something everyone needs. As a PC gamer, the built-in onboard audio of my motherboard is more than capable of delivering high-end audio for me. Perhaps you have your own AMP/DAC combo too, or you’re simply plugging the headset into a console controller. Either way, as a simple 3.5mm wired headset, this one ticks a lot of boxes. Furthermore, as just £84.99, it promises high-end thrills at a very reasonable price.
- Durable Comfort – A sleek metal headband with a suspended pad and swappable memory foam ear cushions ensure unmatched comfort
- Glasses Friendly – Turtle Beach’s unique Prospects comfort-driven design removes pressure on your glasses while you play
- Aero fit Ear Cushions – Revolutionary material technologies combine to keep your ears comfortable while also blocking out external noise and improving bass response
- Pro Gaming Mic with Truspeak Technology – Ensure your voice is always heard loud and clear with Turtle Beach’s professional quality mic
- Large 50MM Nano clear Speakers – Our over-ear Nano clear speakers deliver Turtle Beach’s signature esports audio tuning
For in-depth specifications, please visit the official Turtle Beach product page here.
What Turtle Beach Had to Say
“The Turtle Beach® Elite Atlas PC gaming headset brings esports performance and ultimate comfort to every game, match or battle. Turtle Beach’s signature tuned 50mm Nanoclear™ over-ear speakers are ready to deliver Windows Sonic surround sound crisply as athletic fabric-wrapped Aerofit™ ear cushions block out external noise and deepen bass response while the removable pro-gaming mic with Truspeak™ technology mic ensures your commands are heard loud and clear. Add to this long-lasting comfort from a sleek metal floating headband and for gamers with glasses, patented Pro-Specs™ glasses friendly design alleviates ear cushion pressure, all which keeps you playing longer and winning more!” – Turtle Beach
What’s in the Box
The headset is in there, obviously. However, you also get a quality boom-microphone, 3.5mm cable with in-line volume and mute controls, and a PC Y-splitter extension cable.
The controller is pretty basic, but still does what you need it to.
The microphone is very nice though, with a flexible boom, and an enlarged head with foam insert to reduce high-frequency noise.