Windows 8.1 Overtakes Windows XP! But Only In France



/ 4 years ago

desktop_OS_france_May_2014

Windows 8.1 has done fairly well over the past year managing continued growth in most markets despite the relative failure of Windows 8. In France Windows 8.1 achieved a landmark objective this month as it overtook Windows XP in uptake. Windows 8.1 managed 8.83% of the market and Windows 8 managed 8.5% giving a combined market share of 17.33%. Windows XP has 8.55% of the market putting it fourth, behind Windows 8.1, for the first time. Windows 7 still dominates with a hefty 48.91% of the desktop OS market in France.

Since April 8th 2014 Microsoft’s Windows XP no longer receives updates or security patches meaning all XP users are technically vulnerable unless they purchase extended support packages from Microsoft. Does Windows 8.1 have what it takes to ring the final death knell for Windows XP?

Source: Softpedia

Image courtesy of StatCounter

Topics: , , , , ,

Support eTeknix.com

By supporting eTeknix, you help us grow. And continue to bring you the latest news, reviews, and competitions. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with the latest technology. Share your favourite articles, chat with the team and more. Also check out eTeknix YouTube, where you'll find our latest video reviews, event coverage and features in 4K!
eTeknix FacebookeTeknix TwittereTeknix Instagram

Check out our Latest Video

Comments

4 Responses to “Windows 8.1 Overtakes Windows XP! But Only In France”
  1. Chris Jones says:

    Looking at this, it’s fair to say Win7 is going to live as long as XP did…

  2. dewskerz says:

    This chart is horse crap… they are singling out windows 8 and 8.1 individually… THEY’RE THE SAME THING.

    windows 8 actually has about 16%, easily beating macos

Speak Your Mind

Tell us what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!

  • Be Social with eTeknix

  • Poll

    Do you like RGB?

    View Results