XLR8 Gaming DDR4 16GB 3200MHz Memory Review
Peter Donnell / 2 years ago
There’s a lot of great memory products on the market these days, especially with DDR4 pretty having lived a full life now, the prices are good, the performance is maxed out, and it’s actually pretty hard to find a poor performing kit. However, PNY look set to do battle in the market today, and while I expect the performance to be perfectly competitive, it comes down to a few simple things for many consumers. Can I afford it, does it look good, is it well made and will it be reliable.
The PNY XLR8 range has been with us for years, we’ve seen memory, storage, and even graphics cards sporting their premium XLR8 Gaming branding. This memory is also part of the EPIC-X RGB series, which comes in 8GB, 16GB, 2 x 8GB and 2 x 16GB packs. It’s available in 3200MHz and 3600MHz sets for the RGB model, and 2666MHz and 3200MHz without RGB. The kit is available in a choice of both black and white too. That’s not the biggest range of options ever, but for a mid-budget set of gaming memory, it’s right on the money and meets the requirements of the majority of PC builds these days.
- 16GB (2x8GB), RGB DDR4 3200MHz desktop memory module, CL16, 1.35V
- Extreme overclocked performance DDR4 Desktop Memory designed for PC enthusiasts and gamers and supports Intel XMP 2.0 Support
- Customize you PC’s color and lighting effects, without the need for additional cables or connectors using the supported Asus Aura Sync, Gigabyte RGB Fusion, MSI Mystic Light Sync and ASRock Polychrome Sync software
- Exceptional performance with a frequency speed of 3200MHz (PC4-25600), and backwards compatible with: 3000MHz, 2933MHz, 2800MHz, 2666MHz, 2400MHz, 2133MHz
- EPIC-X RGB Sync with mainstream motherboards to enhance your visual adventure
What PNY Had to Say
“A PNY XLR8 Gaming EPIC-X RGB Memory Upgrade offers a brilliant RGB design combined with extreme overclocked performance, taking your PC to the extreme. Not only can you destroy the competition, but your system can look good while doing so. PNY’s premium XLR8 modules combine top-tier components and select ICs for aggressive speed, low latency, bullet-proof reliability, and the extreme overclocking capabilities that serious gamers demand. Overclocking is made easier with Intel® XMP compatibility. Customize your PC’s colour and lighting effects, without the need for additional cables or connectors using the supported Asus Aura Sync®, Gigabyte RGB Fusion®, MSI Mystic Light Sync® and ASRock Polychrome Sync® software.”
DDR4 3200MHz PERFORMANCE
PNY’s premium XLR8 memory features our most aggressive speeds, highest bandwidth, lowest latency and power consumption, and most advanced thermal performance for maximum PC stability and responsiveness during memory-intensive gaming and application use. PNY XLR8 DDR4 memory modules are rigorously engineered and tested to ensure peak performance in even the most challenging gaming environments.