Huge Nvidia Driver Update Launching Tomorrow
Peter Donnell / 3 years ago
Driver update? Yawn! Or at least that would normally be the case, as most updates typically follow the release of a new game or GPU, but not this time, this is a huge performance overhaul that will effect all gamers. With AMD Mantle offering more “to the metal” performance from graphics hardware, Microsoft are hard at work on DirectX 12, which will bring huge performance gains for gamers over the next few years, but that doesn’t mean we don’t still have more power to squeeze out of our current hardware and software.
Update 337.50 Beta launches tomorrow (April 7th) and while it isn’t as powerful an update as something like Mantle, you can bet your backside that it’ll give performance boosts to a wider selection of titles, given that Mantle is a dedicated and new API. The new drivers are said to dramatically reduce the CPU overhead by increasing most important API calls in DirectX 11.2.
GeForce GTX 700 Series (Single GPU):
- Up to 64% in Total War: Rome II
- Up to 25% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Up to 23% in Sleeping Dogs
- Up to 21% in Star Swarm
- Up to 15% in Batman: Arkham Origins
- Up to 10% in Metro: Last Light
- Up to 8% in Hitman Absolution
- Up to 7% in Sniper Elite V2
- Up to 6% in Tomb Raider
- Up to 6% in F1 2013
GeForce GTX 700 Series (SLI):
- Up to 71% in Total War: Rome II
- Up to 53% in Sniper Elite V2
- Up to 45% in Aliens vs. Predator
- Up to 31% in Sleeping Dogs
- Up to 20% in CoD: Black Ops 2
- Up to 10% in Hitman Absolution
- Up to 9% in F1 2013
- Up to 7% in Far Cry 3
- Up to 6% in Metro: Last Light
- Up to 6% in Batman: Arkham Origins
As you can see from the “theoretical” list that Nvidia provides, adding the new DirectX improvements is showing some pretty big gains, so we can’t wait to get this downloaded on our own gaming rigs to see what it can do, I just need to remember to do a before and after benchmark.
Thank you VideoCardz for providing us with this information.