AMD Releases Radeon Crimson 17.9.2 Driver
Ashley Allen / 5 years ago
Following its preview yesterday, AMD’s Radeon Crimson Edition 17.9.2 driver is out now. As revealed already, the driver is notable for introducing RX Vega Multi GPU support. In addition to general mGPU support, the driver features specific mGPU support for Project Cars 2. Of course, this supposes you’re lucky enough to possess not one but two Vega cards. Otherwise, the benefits of the new Radeon Crimson 17.9.2 driver are sparse. However, the driver comes with a host of known issues. These issues include Enhanced Sync problems and WattMan instabilities.
Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.9.2 Highlights
Radeon RX Vega Series
- Up to 2x Multi GPU support
Project CARS 2™
- Multi GPU profile support added
- Hearts of Iron IV™ may experience a system hang when the campaign scenario is launched.
- Radeon Software may display an erroneous “1603 Error” after installing Radeon Software. This error will not affect your Radeon Software installation.
- The drop-down option to enable Enhanced Sync may be missing in Radeon Settings on Radeon RX Vega Series Graphics Products. A clean install of Radeon Software can prevent this issue.
- Unstable Radeon WattMan profiles may not be restored to default after a system hang. A workaround is to launch Radeon WattMan after reboot and restore settings to default.
- Radeon Settings may not populate game profiles after Radeon Software’s initial install.
- Overwatch™ may experience a random or intermittent hang on some system configurations.
- GPU Scaling may fail to work on some DirectX®11 applications.
- Secondary displays may show corruption or green screen when the display/system enters sleep or hibernate with content playing.
- Bezel compensation in mixed mode Eyefinity cannot be applied.
- When recording with Radeon ReLive on Radeon RX Vega Series graphics products GPU usage and clocks may remain in high states.
AMD Radeon Crimson 17.9.2 Availability
The AMD Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.9.2 Driver is available here.