be quiet! Pure Power 9 700W Power Supply Review
Peter Donnell / 4 years ago
Introduction & Packaging
be quiet! are one of the biggest names in the PC component market, winning countless awards for their premium grade performance and design, and we’re hoping for a repeat performance today, as we’ll be taking a look at their new Pure Power 9 700W power supply. As the 9 would suggest, this is the latest iteration of their Pure Power series and comes with a few notable upgrades on the previous generation.
- Continuous power and two 12V rails ensure rock-solid voltage stability for powerful multi-GPU systems (Pure Power 9 CM can provide up to 96% of its
- power only on 12V rails)
- 80PLUS® Silver certification and up to 91% power conversion efficiency
- Exceptionally quiet operation achieved through an array of careful optimizations, including use of a silence-optimized 120mm be quiet! fan
- Stable operation in its class thanks to Active Clamp + SR power conversion technology
- Modular cable management with high-quality flat cables for PCI Express connectors and drives
- All black DC wires for a clean and modern look
- NVIDIA SLI Ready and AMD CrossFireX certifications allow you to build powerful multi-GPU systems
- Extensive compatibility with latest specifications, including energy-saving requirements of Intel C6/C7, ErP 2014 and Energy Star 6.0 guidelines.
- Product conception, design and quality control in Germany
Equipped with both modular and hard-wired versions, and available in 400, 500, 600, 700W variants for the cable management version, which feature 80 Plus Silver efficiency, flat cables, and a be quiet! Silent Wings fan; there will also be a 300W and 250W 80 Plus Bronze versions for the hard-wired variant. What’s most important about this unit is that while it has been upgraded, it’ll launch at the same price as the Pure Power 8, making it great value for money and showing that be quiet! are committed to delivering better products to their consumers.
“be quiet!, the market leader in PC power supplies in Germany for ten consecutive years*, is introducing the Pure Power 9 CM with 400 to 700 watts, offering a new option for quiet PC configurations as well as powerful multi-GPU systems. Thanks to extensive development work, both the efficiency and the signal strength are improved when compared to its predecessor while reducing noise to a minimum.” – be quiet!
The packaging is nicely designed, keeping in theme with every other be quiet! product with the black and orange detailing. Down the left side of the box, you’ll notice it says essential, which is a kind of budget friendly category from be quiet!
Around the back, a breakdown of every connector that the PSU comes equipped with, as well as all the cable lengths and power ratings.
In the box, you’ll find everything you need to get you set up, including the power cable, fitting screws, cable ties and a user manual.