Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro S Keyboard Review
Peter Donnell / 3 years ago
Cooler Master are one of the biggest and best in the industry, not only for their high-end chassis such as the Master Case Pro 5, but also their power supplies, coolers and most importantly today, their peripherals. Dropping the CM Storm branding, their latest keyboard, the Masterkeys Pro S TKL, falls in line with their “maker” series of products. Last year so very little new products from CM and we knew they were cooking up something big. They came back after a long period of silence with a completely redesigned and focused product line, and their “make it yours” philosophy.
All the new products we’ve seen from Cooler Master have been beyond impressive, so I’m really eager to see what their new premium-grade mechanical keyboard has to offer. There are two models available, the full-size MasterKeys Pro L and the TKL MasterKeys Pro S, which is the one we have in the eTeknix office today.
“Get the best of both worlds with the MasterKeys Pro L and Pro S: the brightest LEDs and the best tactile feeling that gamers have come to love. We completely redesigned the interior to fit both Cherry MX switches and big, fat, LEDs that can radiate 16.7 million colors. You also get on-the-fly macros, profile support, and easy-to-use software – all in a sleek, minimalistic design.” – Cooler Master
The new keyboards come with all the premium features you would expect, such as customisable RGB lighting, Cherry MX switches, macro support, anti-ghosting and N-key rollover and more. Most importantly, at least in terms of the RGB lighting, is that cooler master customised the PCB, allowing for larger and brighter LEDs, without compromising on the use of Cherry MX switches.
• Brilliant RGB lighting with 16.7 million colors
• Exclusive Cooler Master design makes each LED pop out and shine
• Multiple lighting modes
• Change and customize colors with or without software
• Presets include Color Wave, Breathing, and responsive effects
• Cherry MX switches
• Guaranteed to endure at least 50 million keystrokes
• On-the-fly macro and profile support
• On-board processor and profile keys let you save macros and backlighting settings without hassle
• 100% anti-ghosting with N-key rollover
• Ensure each keypress is correctly detected regardless how many other keys are being pressed
• Detachable cable
• Cables won’t get in your way or clutter your desktop
• Hidden underside positioning grooves gives you 180° cable management (only for Pro L)
The packaging is very nicely designed, showing off the RGB lighting in all its glory, as well as touting the use of Cherry MX switches.
Around the back, a little breakdown of the build, showing the PCB, switches, casing and key caps.
In the box, you’ll find everything you need to get you started. This includes a high-quality micro-USB braided cable, which fully detachable from the keyboard, a key cap removal tool and a nice and colourful user’s guide.