MSI MPG ARTYMIS 343CQR Ultra-Wide Gaming Monitor Review
Peter Donnell / 4 weeks ago
MSI is one of the biggest names for enthusiast gaming hardware. With many of the best and most powerful graphics cards and motherboards, as well as an award-winning range of gaming PCs, laptops, cases, peripherals and more beyond. However, today we’re focusing on their monitors! I have the MPG ARTYMIS 343CQR for review, one of the most high-end monitors MSI has ever released. Coming in around £800-900 at the time of writing, it’s obviously meant for the enthusiast market, but it’s brimming with features that are sure to help justify that hefty price tag.
MSI MPG ARTYMIS 343CQR
There’s no really a lot this monitor doesn’t have. For starters, it features a pretty massive panel, clocking in at 34″ wide and using an ultra-wide aspect ratio of 21:9 and with a 1000R curvature for extra immersion. It features a UWQHD resolution of 3440 x 1440, so you get plenty of detail too. If that’s not enough, you also get a 165Hz refresh rate, a 1ms response time, FreeSync Premium, VESA HDR400 with a peak brightness of 550 nits, 10-bit colour (via 8-bit+FRC), and a suite of connectivity and software features too. The price may be high, but clearly, you’re getting a lot of hardware for your investment.
- 1000R Perfect Curved Screen – Perfectly fits the curvature of the human eye so that you can see the entire screen without any fatigue.
- UWQHD High Resolution – Game titles will even look better, displaying more details due to the UWQHD resolution.
- Smart Gaming – Pair with AI to Create A New Way of Gaming.
- True Color Sync – With True Color Sync, you can maintain the same colour display and avoid colour differences between devices.
- Rapid Boost (165Hz + 1ms) – Experience smooth gaming with a blazing fast refresh rate and response time, that gives you the upper hand in fast-moving games.
- HDR400 + 10 bits – It has passed the VESA HDR Display 400 Certification, meaning it can provide a display with the most realistic colours.
- Gaming OSD App – Create the ultimate viewing settings for your game.
- CEC Profile – Set up profiles for multiple sets of devices and can automatically detect your settings.
- Mobile Projector–It is specially designed to display mobile phones with an 18:9 PBP screen on computer devices and keep it close to 16:9.
For in-depth specifications, please visit the official MSI MPG ARTYMIS 343CQR product page here.
You can drop your gaming resolution down to 16:9 widescreen and cast your mobile phone to the side of the 21:9 display on the ARTYMIS. This is great if you want a nice big screen video call while you’re working or gaming. I’ve never seen this feature on a monitor, so MSI are scoring big points here for something unique.
What MSI Had to Say
“The MSI ARTYMIS series is the most curved 1000R gaming monitor on the market. It perfectly fits the curvature of the human eye so that you can see the entire screen without any fatigue. The curved surface design can also enhance the sense of coverage and immersion so that you will not be disturbed by the outside environment during the game, which greatly enhances the gaming experience. The OptixScope is a built-in and patented aiming magnifier feature that provides eight-stage zooming and has shortcut keys to quickly switch the magnification. Additionally, the mouse DPI will also automatically reduced for you to work at high magnification. The ARTYMIS Series has a built-in light sensor that automatically detects the surrounding area’s light source. With AI computing, the screen brightness will automatically be optimized for brightness and colour temperature according to the lighting of the surrounding area, maintaining a stable brightness that makes the game experience more consistent and comfortable.” – MSI