MSI Optix MPG321UR-QD 144Hz 4K Gaming Monitor Review
Peter Donnell / 2 years ago
MSI is one of the biggest and the best names for high-end gaming hardware. They’ve already shown us some super impressive gaming monitors recently too, such as the MSI MPG ARTYMIS 323CQR Gaming Monitor (review), MSI Optix MEG381CQR Plus Monitor (review), and the MSI Oculux NXG253R eSports Gaming Monitor (review). Now they look set to continue this impressive streak with the new MSI Optix MPG321UR-QD 144Hz 4K Gaming Monitor. It’s certainly one of the best-equipped monitors on the market today too, and it’s sure to impress both high-end PC gamers, as well as those gaming on consoles like the Xbox Series X or PlayStation 5.
MSI Optix MPG321UR-QD
The feature list doesn’t really do this monitor justice, as it actually has a lot more beyond what’s summed up here. However, the big feature is obviously the panel. It’s a 10bit 4K resolution 144Hz display (in DisplayPort mode), offering both FreeSync and Nvidia G-Sync compatibility. Very importantly it’s HDMI 2.1 too, and will work in 4K 120Hz mode over HDMI (perfect for consoles). So you should be able to enjoy silky-smooth gameplay and high resolutions no matter what you play. There’s an impressively long suite of features built into the monitor and the Gaming OSD App 2.0 interface too, offering a USB hub, OSD, RGB customisation, AI microphone noise cancellation, Night Vision, Optix Scope, Crosshairs, and more. Oh and there’s KVM 3.0, allowing you to plug your keyboard and mouse into the monitor, but use them on multiple devices; awesome!
- IPS Panel – Provides 1ms fast response time, optimizes screen colors and brightness.
- UHD High Resolution – Games will look even better, displaying more details.
- 144Hz Refresh Rate – Respond faster with smoother frames.
- 1ms Response Time – Eliminate screen tearing and choppy frame rates.
- Gaming Intelligence – Gaming Intelligence is how we label software integrated MSI products. These products contain AI gaming features for gamers’ specific needs.
- NVIDIA G-Sync Compatible – Prevent screen tearing or stuttering, producing ultra-smooth lag-free gameplay.
- HDMI 2.1-Best solution for console users. 4K 120Hz with HDMI interface.
- Gaming OSD App – Create the perfect viewing settings for your games.
- Adjustable Stand – Easily change the position of the monitor for maximum ergonomics.
- VESA DisplayHDR 600 – Stunning visuals through contrast and shadow adjustment.
- Night Vision – Smart black tuner to brighten your day by bringing out the fine details in dark areas.
- Mystic Light – The ultimate gaming finish.
For in-depth features and specifications, please check the official MSI Optix MPG321UR-QD 144Hz 4K Gaming Monitor product page here.
“Our unique KVM 3.0 feature allows console gamers to access their monitor OSD setting menu and Marco keys settings using their controller. Console gamers can easily switch signal input or setting up monitor without an additional remote controller or stop gaming, drop the controller and grab the physical buttons on the back of monitor. If you are a console gamer who is looking for a 4K 144hz monitor, MSI Optix MPG321UR-QD is a perfect match. Optix MPG321UR-QD offers fast response time and support 144hz at 4K resolution by latest HDMI2.1.” – MSI