MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC Motherboard Review
Peter Donnell / 3 years ago
Over the last few weeks, we’ve benchmarked a considerable selection of Intel Z370 motherboards. So far, they have certainly left us impressed, and we are hoping to see that same trend continue with the Pro Carbon AC motherboard from MSI today.
Equipped with support for the latest Intel 8th generation Coffee Lake CPUs, the MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC looks set to dominate our benchmarks, much like many other Z370 motherboards have done recently. With support for high-speed DDR4 memory, Turbo M.2, Intel Optane, Lightning USB 3.1 gen2, Gaming LAN, multi-GPU support, steel armor, Nahimic 2+ audio, Military Class 5 hardware, and so much more, this motherboard is clearly out to impress.
MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
- Supports 8th Gen Intel® CoreTM / Pentium® Celeron® processors for LGA 1151 socket
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 4000+(OC) MHz
- MYSTIC LIGHT: 16.8 million colours / 17 effects controlled in one click. MYSTIC LIGHT EXTENSION supports both RGB and RAINBOW LED strip.
- Lightning Fast Game experience: 2x TURBO M.2, Intel Optane Memory Ready. M.2 Shield, LIGHTNING USB 3.1 GEN2
- AUDIO BOOST 4 with NAHIMIC 2+: Reward your ears with studio-grade sound quality for the most immersive gaming experience
- DDR4 Boost: Fully isolated, shielded and optimized DDR4 PCB design to give your DDR4 memory a performance boost.
- GAMING LAN and Wireless support, powered by Intel®: The best online gaming experience with the lowest latency and bandwidth management.
- MULTI-GPU: With STEEL ARMOR PCI-E slots. Supports 2-Way NVIDIA SLI™ & 3-Way AMD Crossfire™
- VR Ready: Best virtual reality game experience without latency, reduces motion sickness.
- Military Class 5, Guard-Pro: Latest evolution with high-quality Japanese components for best protection and efficiency.
- In-Game Weapons: Game Boost, GAMING Hotkey, X-Boost, WTFast.
- EZ Debug LED: Easiest way to troubleshoot.
- Click BIOS 5: Award-winning BIOS with high-resolution scalable font, favourites and search function.
- GAMING CERTIFIED: 24-hour on- and offline game and motherboard testing by eSports players.
From a robust gaming system to a comprehensive at-home workstation, the new motherboard from MSI, as well as the latest CPUs from Intel, look ideal for the professional and gaming markets, at least without going to the expense of something like the X299 platform processors/motherboards.
Build on Everlasting Quality
Using only the finest quality components and integrating the latest technological innovations delivers the best possible gaming and professional experience. Rigorous quality testing under the most extreme conditions ensures a super reliable, high-performance motherboard.
What’s in the Box
In the box, you’ll find everything you need to get you started, such as the usual documentation and some SATA cables. However, you will also see an SLI Bridge, I/O cover, and Wi-Fi PCIe adaptor included.