Nvidia 465.89 WHQL – Game Ready for Evil Genius 2 & Kingdom Hearts
Mike Sanders / 1 month ago
Nvidia graphics card owners, it’s that time again where your notifications bar will likely start harassing you to update your drivers. Is it really worth doing it this frequently, though? Or at least, this particular time?… – Well, if you plan to check out; Evil Genius 2, Kingdom Hearts (yes, it’s finally out on PC!), or perhaps even Dirt 5’s ray tracing update, then yes, we would thoroughly recommend this one!
Nvidia GeForce Game Ready 465.89 WHQL
Following the release of these new drivers, Nvidia has confirmed the following support, optimizations, and fixes offered within it:
Game Ready for Outriders:
This new Game Ready Driver provides support for the launch of Outriders, which features NVIDIA DLSS technology. Additionally, this release also provides optimal day-1 support for:
- DIRT 5’s new ray tracing update
- The launch of Evil Genius 2: World Domination
- The launch of the KINGDOM HEARTS Series on the Epic Games Store
- Includes support for Resizable BAR across the GeForce RTX 30 Series of Desktop and Notebook GPUs
- Includes beta support for virtualization on GeForce GPU
Added the following SLI profiles.
- Shenmue III (NVIDIA Turing GPUs only)
- The Medium (NVIDIA Turing GPUs only)
- Added support for extended DP-to-HDMI 2.1 PCON clock frequency range to better support 8K TVs.
- Changed the G-SYNC on-screen status indicator to be less obtrusive.
- [Rainbow Six Siege][Vulkan]: Smoke appears pixelated. 
- [Vulkan][X4: Foundations 4.00/X4: Cradle of Humanity] The game may crash on GeForce RTX 30 Series. 
- [GeForce RTX 3090]: Blue-screen crash occurs when Samsung Odyssey G9 is paired with HDMI TV. 
- [GeForce RTX 2060]: Blue-screen crash (DPC_WATCHDOGS_VIOLATION) occurs when playing a game and watching YouTube video simultaneously. 
- [Sunset Overdrive]: The application may display random green corruption if Depth of Field is enabled from in-game settings 
- Realtek Displayport-to-HDMI 2.1 protocol converter clock limited to 600MHz pixel clock 
- [G-SYNC][NVIDIA Ampere/Turing GPU architecture]: GPU power consumption may increase in idle mode on systems using certain higher refresh-rate G-SYNC monitors. .
- [GFE Screenshot/HDR]: Application screenshots are washed out when HDR is enabled 
Where Can I Get This Update?
So, presuming you’re going to make this update you may need some help in how to do that. Well, presuming you missed the aforementioned harassment off your Windows 10 notification bar, if you already have the Nvidia GeForce Experience app installed on your PC, a quick check of it should prompt you to update to these latest drivers. – Failing which, you can manually download them (as well as learn more information) via the link here!
What do you think? How often do you update your graphics card drivers? – Let us know in the comments!