PlayerUnknown’s BattleGrounds for PC Adds Replay Function
Ron Perillo / 7 months ago
PlayerUnknown’s BattleGrounds or PUBG is about to leave Steam Early Access on December 20. That means a full version 1.0, but before that happens, there is still time for a few more tweaking and testing. Developer BlueHole has been updating fans on their Steam page however, the latest of which is the latest test build patch which adds several features.
Replay Menu Addition
One of the biggest changes is the addition of a replay function. This will let players record up to 1km around the character, and players have to enable the saving in options before a match. The replay is saved automatically after the game ends, and are viewable under the “Lobby Replays” menu. Up to 20 replays are saveable. Plus, it will automatically delete the oldest order once that number exceeds 20.
This replay function will allow players to interact with the camera. They can even pause or change the playback speed or preference. The camera itself is moveable, which would make reviewing matches much more thorough.
Replay Control Guide
To get players prepared for this feature, they have released the following control guide:
- J: Time line ON / OFF (Player can move to desired time, pause)
- P: Pause
- ↑, ↓: Play speed change
- B: Back to own character
- W, A, S, D: Camera move
- E, Q: Camera height change
- Holding Shift, Ctrl: Camera move speed change
- TAB: Open the player list (If you click the ID, camera moves to that player’s view)
- V or LMB: Observing camera (You can see the view of the selected player)
- C or RMB: Following camera (The camera follows selected player and you can control the camera angles and zoom)
- F or SPACE: Free camera (Move to the camera view which can freely move on the map)
- L: Open the battle list (You can check engagements with and around the currently selected player)
- M: Map (If you LMB click the player’s icon on the map, you can move to the observing camera of the selected player. If you RMB click any empty area of the map, you can move to the free camera at that position)
For more details on the latest patch and changes prior to the full 1.0 launch, check out the PUBG Steam Community page.