Sonic Colours Ultimate Remaster Out Now
Peter Donnell / 11 months ago
I’m a big sonic fan, and that’s hardly surprising given that I’m in my late 30’s, as I grew up with the little blue guy and his pals. From my first experience of Sonic on the Master System and Game Gear, through to the Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast and beyond. However, I amazingly never played Sonic Colours on the Wii. Most likely because I was too busy with Mario Strikers, but alas, my time has come, as Sonic Colours is now available (again) on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and the Nintendo Switch!
Sonic Colours Ultimate
The game isn’t just a straight re-release, of course. It has been updated to Sonic Colours: Ultimate, thanks to the latest remaster! Developed by the award-winning studio, Blind Squirrel Entertainment, Sonic Colours: Ultimate brings a fresh hue to the celebrated game with enhanced visuals, additional features, the new ‘Rival Rush’ mode, providing players with the ultimate Sonic experience.
About the Game
In Sonic Colours: Ultimate, the evil Dr. Eggman has built a gigantic interstellar amusement park bursting with incredible rides and Colourful attractions – but he is powering it with a captured alien race called “Wisps.” Use Sonic’s lightning speed to free the Wisps and learn the secrets of their amazing powers as you explore six unique Colourful worlds, each filled with dangerous enemies and hurdles to overcome. Sonic will be tested on this exciting journey to free the Wisps, whose mystical powers can be harnessed to grant special abilities – and with their help, and yours, it is a test he’ll pass with flying Colours!
- Sonic Speed and Non-Stop Action – Accelerate to adrenaline-pumping super speed, zoom across challenging worlds, and maneuver through hazardous obstacles. Time your attacks perfectly to charge your boost and reach Super Sonic speeds.
- Interstellar Amusement Park – Explore and adventure through immersive environments, like a Sweet Mountain filled with delightful sweets or an Aquarium Park filled with sea life and countless pools – all centered around a mysterious astro-amusement park.
- Wisp Power-ups – Transform Sonic by harnessing the magnificent alien power of Wisps to defeat enemies and discover the secrets of the interstellar amusement park. Pass through solid objects and discover alternate paths using the new Jade Ghost Wisp.
- White Wisp – Fill your boost gauge and accelerate into super speeds, destroy obstacles and enemies in your path
- Cyan Wisp – Turn Sonic into a powerful cyan laser, move across the stage at lightning speed and zap enemies in your path
- Jade Wisp – Transform Sonic into a Jade ghost, fly around and phase through solid objects to reach hidden areas
- Pink Wisp – Turn Sonic into a pink spike that can roll up walls and ceilings and attack enemies
- Green Wisp – Transform Sonic into a green hover form to reach higher areas and float past treacherous obstacles
- Orange Wisp – Turn Sonic into an orange rocket, blast into the air and reach unparalleled heights
- Blue Wisp – Switch blue rings and blue blocks to open new routes, turn Sonic into a blue cube to stomp down enemies
- Yellow Wisp – Transform Sonic into a yellow drill and dig through the ground or torpedo through the water
- Purple Wisp – Transform Sonic into a hungry purple frenzy and eat anything in your path
- Better Than Ever – Available on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Switch and now more Colourful than ever with enhanced visuals and graphics, refined controls, and many more gameplay upgrades. The game is also playable on PlayStation®5 via backwards compatibility and Xbox Series X|S.
- HD Updates – New high-definition updates and improvements, including 60 FPS, re-vamped lighting, improved graphics and 4K resolution
- Park Tokens & Customisation – Head to the store and use park tokens to unlock unique boosts, auras, shoes and gloves for Sonic
- Customisable Controls – Customise your controls to find a layout that suits your play style
- Tails Save – Find a Tails Save and be taken back to safety if you need to be rescued
- 100 Count Ring – Collect a 100 Count Ring to gain temporary invincibility and boost your score after each level
- Music – Fully remixed soundtrack to set the pace while you put an end to Dr. Eggman’s evil plan
- New ‘Rival Rush’ Mode – Put your skills to the test and go head-to-head with Metal Sonic. Outrun Metal Sonic to unlock rewards!
- Digital Deluxe Edition Only
- Ultimate Cosmetic Pack
- Customize Sonic and stand out with exclusive gold and silver gloves and shoes, an electric boost and aura from the hit Sonic movie and exclusive Sonic movie themed player icons.
- Ultimate Music Pack
- Three exclusive original game remixes to set the pace for you while you put an end to Dr. Eggman.
- Ultimate Cosmetic Pack
Price and Availability
Sonic Colours: Ultimate is now available digitally on PlayStation®4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™, with a digital-only release on PC via the Epic Games Store for £34.99. For an added experience, players can purchase the Digital Deluxe edition for £39.99 with bonus features. All physical editions of Sonic Colours: Ultimate, which includes both the standard and keyring edition; will be available across EMEA Markets, at a later date.