Gears of War Ultimate Gets Glorious Graphics Features on PC!
Peter Donnell / 5 years ago
It’s no secret that PC gaming is often more graphically impressive than its console counter parts, the hardware, your own budget permitting, can be a lot more powerful, so that’s hardly a surprise. So what can PC gamers expect to enjoy when the game hits our screens?
The game is one of the first AAA DX12 games to hit the market, so it’ll take advantage of the new API to bring better framerates, rendering technologies and effects, as well as Async Compute, which already makes me want to play it more than anything. On top of that, you can enjoy the games unlocked frame rate, so those of you running 144hz monitors will be able to reap the full rewards of your displays technology.The developer even said they’re putting a lot of effort into this version of the game, ensuring it’s a showcase for 4K, so those of you with high resolution displays will, again, be able to fully enjoy that aspect.
So we’ve got improved frame rates, a new API taking control to bring us better CPU and GPU performance, as well as better rendering, we’ve got upgraded 4K assets to make it look awesome, as well as support for MSAA and FXAA.
Here’s a quick run down of what you can expect. Excited?
- Remastered for Dolby 7.1 Surround
- New Xbox Live achievements (1,250 Gamerscore)
- Concept art gallery and unlockable comics
- Modernized Multiplayer featuring:
- Dedicated servers
- Skill-based matchmaking
- New game types – Team Deathmatch, King of the Hill (Gears of War 3 style), and new 2v2 Gnasher Execution
- Total of 19 maps, including all DLC maps
- 17 unlockable Gears of War 3 characters for Multiplayer progression
- More Match customization including Actives, Respawn Time, Self-revive and Weapon Respawn
- Modernized gameplay with smoother movement and updated controls:
- Alternate Controls and all new Tournament Controls
- Adding the Gears of War 3 features you love: Enemy Spotting, Multiplayer Tac-Com, Improved sensitivity customization
Thank you WCCFTech for providing us with this information.